Creative Brief #1:
Client: Davis Drug
Type: 60-90 second digital spot
Focus: Davis Drug wants to tell a story about their unique drug compounding services. The small, local drug store hopes to get this message across with a branding video that does not exceed 90 seconds in length. Davis Drug wants to show the audience that medications should not be a one-size-fits-all product. Instead, compounding personalized prescriptions tailored to each individual’s specific health needs is a more effective way to improve quality of life and treat illness with medication.
Issues: When it comes to Davis Drug and medication compounding, there are a few issues that need to be addressed — and overcome — by its brand story. These issues are as follows:
- A lot of people are unfamiliar with drug compounding.
- Compounded drugs aren’t FDA-approved. This makes the safety and effectiveness of such medications questionable.
- The idea that Davis Drug is not as convenient as big-box drugstores because there is only one location in the Hampton Roads area and hours of operation are limited.
Audience: The audience for this message will focus on families and senior citizens living in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. This will include males and females ages 25-75, both military personnel and civilians, living or working within the delivery limits for the pharmacy.
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), drug compounding is when a licensed pharmacist combines, mixes or alters the ingredients of a drug to create a medication tailored to the specific needs of an individual patient. This is helpful when trying to avoid certain ingredients and dyes that may trigger an allergic reaction, when a unique dosage size is needed or when drugs are best administered outside of pill or liquid form (e.g. lollipops, lozenges, topical creams and more).
- The FDA states that, “Compounded drugs made using poor quality practices may be sub- or super‑potent, contaminated, or otherwise adulterated.” Davis Drug is locally owned and operated by a pharmacist who is expertly trained in drug compounding and continues to attend post-graduate training on the latest compounding techniques. Likewise, Davis Drug only uses state-of-the-art equipment and high-quality, FDA-approved ingredients when compounding medications. As a result, they can fill customized prescriptions for each individual member of the community — from little ones to seniors and even four-legged family members!
- Davis Drug offers a free prescription delivery service to office and residential locations throughout Hampton Roads. This makes filling your prescriptions at the local pharmacy easy and convenient, especially if you don not live nearby or cannot drive to the store during operating hours. In emergencies, the owner has been known to come in and fill prescriptions outside of regular business hours.
Brand: No two patients are alike, that’s why Davis Drug focuses on the individual by safely and expertly compounding medications to fit your specific needs. Davis Drug is more than just a pharmacy — it’s your pharmacy.
Creative Brief #2:
Type: 60-second digital spot
Focus: Many retailers think of costume jewelry as an afterthought, creating a brand void in fashion jewelry. BaubleBar, a fairly new e-commerce company is working hard fill that empty space by positioning itself as the brand for affordable bling. The company operates on a business strategy that utilizes a consolidated supply chain to offer an extensive collection of chic, on-trend fashion jewelry at varying price points. Utilizing a 60-second digital spot, BaubleBar wants to make sure that every woman’s wardrobe can be uniquely accessorized with quality pieces that are budget-friendly.
Issues: The biggest issue that BaubleBar needs to address is the fact that buying jewelry is very personal. The fact that a shopper cannot try on a piece to see how it looks on her is a huge negative for the brand. As an e-commerce store, the BaubleBar needs to find a way to take the hesitation out of buying necklaces, earrings and bracelets online.
Audience: This message will target women ages 20 to 40 in the United States. This demographic is the most likely to accessorize their wardrobes using the latest trends in fashion and jewelry.
- SWAT Team: BaubleBar utilizes the Internet to provide top-notch customer service. Its SWAT (Service With Accessorizing Talent) team is ready and willing to help, either via online chat or they’ll even call you if you if you want — all within 24 hours or less of your initial request. Consumers can ask SWAT stylists for help with everything from product and fashion advice to technical support.
- Third-Party Associations: BaubleBar offers hundreds of different styles of necklaces, bracelets and earrings, including exclusive designs from celebrity guest “Bar Tenders.” Currently, the brand features a collection by supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio. BaubleBar also set out to increase its offline exposure through partnerships with retailers like Nordstrom and Anthropologie.
- Vault Points: BaubleBar’s customer loyalty program adds to its brand resonance by instilling a sense of community for consumers while helping to create attitudinal attachments to the brand and generating behavioral loyalty. By giving customers a way to get more value out of their purchases, the Vault Points program helps to guarantee customers make repeat purchases. Likewise, it reinforces a sense of value and affordability between the consumer and the brand.
- Shipping and Packaging: BaubleBar offers free shipping on all orders and returns with no minimum purchase required. BaubleBar’s unique packaging helps to build the brand’s image of being creative, fashionable and fun. It also instills a sense of quality as each piece comes with a storage bag similar to expensive jewelry brands such as Tiffany’s.
Brand: BaubleBar.com is where one can always find unique, high-quality fashion jewelry and accessories that are on trend and reasonably priced.